Nice Glass

. Wednesday, July 9, 2008
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

So a while ago, I bought my Canon 5D ... a very nice upgrade from my little Nikon D50. I love it, it's most beautiful thing ever ... maybe not ever, but you get the point. The images it produces with it's 12.8 megapixel full frame sensor are truly amazing. Small problem ... with a sensor of that quality, it captures more detail than smaller cameras, and it's quite unforgiving in that aspect. So to counter this you need higher quality lenses.

Unfortunately I spent so much on the camera body that I couldn't afford a nice lens. Right now I have a used (good story) Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. What does all of that mean? EF: just a standard Canon lens. Of course, you know what the zoom means. f/3.5-5.6: that's a shifting aperture. That's part of the problem. When at a wide angle, your maximum aperture value is f/3.5, but when you zoom in the maximum aperture is f/5.6. Without getting too technical, just know that it's not good. In addition to that, the quality of optics aren't as good as the L-series ... the premium Canon Lenses.

Well, L-series glass starts around $1000. I'm sure it goes without saying that I can't exactly afford that on my students budget. So, here it is ...

I'm accepting donations for some nice L-series glass. Seriously. I'll even make it worth your while ... you make a donation, I'll pay you back with photography. Maybe a nice portrait of yourself or family, or maybe a nice 11x14 print of one of my photos, something. Anything to say thanks. I'm serious.

Help a poor kid out!

0 comments: